SafeCide™ is a portable gas monitoring system designed for use with a ChemDAQ E-Cell® Sensor to provide a
simple way to
monitor gas in an area, sample locations or perform personal monitoring. The ChemDAQ SafeCide software is
installed on a
portable Windows tablet which collects, display, and stores gas exposure readings. The SafeCide system can
be used in a
hands-free mode with the use of a waterproof carry pouch.
For more information about this product
SafeCide Version 2.4.13
- Added Feature where program will remember the last entered filename. If the user
use that same filename for their next data collection a propmt will notifiy them that the file already exists.
an existing log file will append new data to the end of the file, not overwrite old data.
- Improved Bluetooth Connectivity to ChemDAQ E-Cell Sensor
- Bug Fix where 15 Minute TWAs would appear early
- Bug Fix where 8 Hour TWAs would appear early
- Redesigned TWA and Impending TWA Alarm display.
- Bug Fix where software would sometimes crash when trying to load a log file created from
SafeCide version older than version 2.3.2.
- SafeCide software version now displayed at the bottom of the Settings screen.
- Bug Fix where software would sometimes crash when submitting a comment.
- Bug Fix where software would crash in sampling mode if the "Set" button was pressed on
the Locations screen with a location being selected first.
- Bug Fix where the headers in the data table on the Review page would sometimes be
- Added "Sensor Pairing" prompt when when selecting a sensor in the Connected Sensor
- Increased the size of the scrollbars in the tables when reviewing log data in the
- Changed the default Instanteous Alarm and TWA Alarm Values.
First, pair the sensor to the tablet in Windows. See the SafeCide manual for this
Run the SafeCide software, go to SETTINGS and pair the sensor in the software. See the
SafeCide manual for this process.
For SafeCide systems: Verify that the sensor shows connected or paired in the Bluetooth
devices menu and that the sensor
is turned on and within 30 feet direct line of sight to the tablet. If there are
obstacles like equipment or walls
between the tablet and sensor it can limit the range of the Bluetooth signal.
Sometimes pairing sensors to the tablet can take some time for the tablet to identify
the sensor or to connect and pair
to the sensor. This can be due to interfering signals in the area such as other
Bluetooth devices or other sources of RF
signals or noise ( walkie-talkies, motors, etc. ). If you experience difficulty in
pairing a sensor to the tablet turn
the sensor off, wait 10-20 minutes, turn the sensor back on then try again. Each ECell
sensor is paired to a tablet at
the time of calibration to verify the operation of the sensor’s Bluetooth module to
ensure that the modules function
properly before shipment.
Log files can be reviewed directly in the SafeCide application. On the Home Screen press
the Review button. Next press
the “Load File” button and select the desired log file. The Data will be displayed in a
table with the option to view it
in graph form as well.
Log files can also be exported to a USB flashdrive in order to view the data on a
Desktop Computer. Plug in a USB
flashdrive. On the Home Screen press the Review button. Next press the “Load File”
button and select the desired log
file. Finally press the “Export” button and you will be propmted to select the location
where the log file should be
exported to. Once the export is complete you can transfer your data to another computer
with the USB flashdrive.
Verify that the sensor is paried directly with the tablet via Windows Bluetooth.
Verify that you only have 1 instance of the SafeCide software running at a time. If multiple
instances of SafeCide are running at the same time the software cannot access the sensor and
will display that message.
Close all instances of the SafeCide software running and restart the
application ensuring that only one instance is running. Once restarted, re-pair the sensor
the software. It should not be necessary to pair the sensor in windows again.
Close SafeCide and return to the Desktop.
- Press the icon directly right of the Windows Icon to bring up the Search Bar.
Press the Keyboard icon in the right hand side of the taskbar to bring up the On Screen
Enter "Tying Settings" and press the Enter key.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and toggle on the "Show the touch keyboard or
handwriting panel when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached." option.